During the past several months, the entire world has been going through some difficult times. As a result, our faith has been tested.
People have been experiencing significant financial losses as well as the loss of loved ones. Many people are experiencing mental health issues as a result of current events.
I’m aware that some people may not be ready to move from fear to faith yet, and that’s okay. If and when you feel ready, here are five ways to move from fear to faith.
0. Be gentle with yourself. Remember that this isn’t a race. You are likely to bounce back and forth for a while. For example, you may find that place of inner peace one day, and return to a place of fear and anxiety the next. It’s all okay.
0. Allow yourself to feel all of your emotions. Have a good cry, express that anger and frustration in a healthy way, and admit when you’re feeling scared. It can also mean allowing yourself to feel peace and joy.
0. Self-care is key. Make sure to get plenty of rest, and get some fresh air and sunlight. Write down your feelings or speak them into a voice recorder rather than holding on to them. Also, engaging in spiritual practices can be helpful as long as you don’t use them to escape your reality.
0. Ask for support. Friends, family members, and trained professionals can help you to process your feelings. It can be scary to reach out, but having the right support can make a big difference.
0. Finally give yourself a pat on the back. Acknowledge yourself for coming this far.